NVCaffe Release 19.02
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 19.02 is available.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7
- NVIDIA CUDA 10.0.130 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 10.0.130
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.4.2
- NVIDIA Collective Communications Library (NCCL) 2.3.7 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI 3.1.3
- TensorRT 5.0.2
- Jupyter and JupyterLab:
Release 19.02 is based on CUDA 10, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 410.xx. However, if you are running on Tesla (Tesla V100, Tesla P4, Tesla P40, or Tesla P100), you may use NVIDIA driver release 384. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades.
Release 19.02 supports CUDA compute capability 6.0 and higher. This corresponds to GPUs in the Pascal, Volta, and Turing families. Specifically, for a list of GPUs that this compute capability corresponds to, see CUDA GPUs. For additional support details, see Deep Learning Frameworks Support Matrix.
Key Features and Enhancements
- NVCaffe 0.17.2 container image version 19.02 is based on Caffe Deep Learning Framework by the BVLC.
- Added Jupyter and JupyterLab software in our packaged container.
- Latest version of jupyter_client 5.2.4
- Latest version of jupyter_core 4.4.0
- Ubuntu 16.04 with January 2019 updates
- There is a known performance regression with Caffe 0.17.2 for some networks when run with small batch sizes. As a workaround, increase the batch size.
- If using or upgrading to a 3-part-version driver, for example, a driver that takes the format of
xxx.yy.zz, you will receive a
Failed to detect NVIDIA driver version.message. This is due to a known bug in the entry point script's parsing of 3-part driver versions. This message is non-fatal and can be ignored. This will be fixed in the 19.04 release.