Deep Learning Profiler 20.01 Release Notes
Deep Learning Profiler (DLProf) is a tool for profiling deep learning models to help data scientists understand and improve performance of their models visually via Tensorboard or by analyzing text reports. It also helps understand resource usage when models are trained.
Release 20.01 is based on NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 440.30.01. However, if you are running on Tesla (for example, T4 or any other Tesla board), you may use NVIDIA driver release 396, 384.111+, 410, 418.xx, or 440.30. The CUDA driver's compatibility package only supports particular drivers. For a complete list of supported drivers, see the CUDA Application Compatibility topic. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades.
The key features of DLProf v0.8.0 / r20.01 are:
- Released in the TensorFlow 20.01 NGC container
- Latest DLProf build is based on TensorFlow 1.15.0, TensorBoard 1.15.0, and Nsight Systems 2019.6.1
- Support for Tensorflow 1.15 and TensorBoard 1.15
- New DLProf Plugin for TensorBoard.
- Currently, there is a BETA release of the plugin, and it is previewed along with the original GPU Summary Panel
- Updated Summary page with new key metrics, including TC Utilization and GPU Idle %
- Inclusion of Expert Systems feedback in a panel on the Summary page
- XLA cluster mapping in the TensorBoard Graph plugin is not supported in 20.01 Tensorflow container
- This software is only accessible in the NGC TensorFlow container
- This software is only supported by TensorFlow 1.15